Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I've put off writing a new entry in this blog, because nothing exciting has really happened, and undoubtedly this blog entry is going to be boring...but here it goes:
Friday, I went without sleep for almost 24 hours which isn't so impressive, except that the day before I made it to 23 hours. That was essentially Friday...go read Catherine's blog if you want to know more.

Yesterday (Saturday), I woke up at 9am, but, as it turns out, no one is awake in the morning. After watching tv and attempting to clean, Graham woke up and we hung out downtown. It was fun. People were handing out free stuff, because all of the college students are back. We ran into Jerry, Katherine G, and Alice. I hadn't seen them since the end of school. Then, about 30 minutes later, we ran into my brother. He's pretty cool. I went home for dinner at 6:40, but my dad hadn't yet come home from baseball, so my mom and I made dinner. It was delicious, but everything was a little undercooked...so we had to cook it more after we were all ready to eat.

I also made oatmeal, chocolate chip, coconut cookies. They're delicious, but there's not that many left. I'm thinking about making zucchini bread tomorrow. I have most nothing else to do tomorrow anyway.

I'm thinking about making a list of things to do each day before I leave, so I'm not just stuck in my house a bit bored. I need to finish going college shopping, but I'm not sure when. I think I'm going to go Monday morning. I wish I had a car with an unrestricted license...then I could go out and do stuff.

I started my college reading. The book is called Hold Love Strong. It's not terrific, but not terrible. I feel as though I've heard the story a hundred times, so I'm not very interested in reading the book. It's about a poor man living in the projects that somehow makes it to college. The book isn't even an autobiography or based on a true story. I guess I'll just see how the story goes.

I leave in FIVE days (counting today) AND my birthday is in FOUR days! ...and my mom just woke up.

Yeah, not that good of an entry...but I'm not yet at college. Just wait!

1 comment:

  1. we should volunteer tomorrow!
    and see hannah.
    I called you to hang out after dinner,
    but you were asleep.

    ReplyDelete