Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Monday, August 31, 2010

So, I got to school Saturday. It was really nice. I didn't have to unload a thing. All of the RA and orientation leader upperclassmen took everything and dropped it off at the room.

This weekend has been really fun, but I've been really wanting classes to start. (I'll probably regret thinking that in about two weeks)
Although it was orientation, and I had to sit through a lot of lectures, I met a lot of new people and the entertainment at night was really cool.
The first night there was a mix and mingle type thing. There were inflatable bouncy things and inflatable race things. It was so much fun and the food was great.
The next night there was a comedian. He turned out to be a lot funnier than I expected. There was a movie afterwards (Killers) which I went to, but I didn't pay attention to the movie. I mostly just talked to people that were there, and left after about 20 minutes.
Last night, we had our convocation. We all dressed up and all of the guys on our floor made a tunnel type thing (more like they made two lines that were parallel) where they clapped as we walked through it. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring formal wear, but I was able to borrow one of my roommate's dresses. Convocation was interesting. We got a rock to symbolize something. The speakers and the music was all really good, too!  Dinner was (and apparently will be) the best food I've had so far. Later, there was a dance party type thing, which was ok. It was really hot and got boring after a while. Then I hung out with a girl from my floor. She's really nice.

Anyway, it's really hot here. Apparently it was 98 degrees in Boston today (I went there for a trip type thing). It's been around 90 for the past few days, but then at night it's around 70s. In Boston, I went on a duck tour and went to a science museum. The museum seemed like it was more for little kids. There were so many at the museum. They would just appear right next to my leg and I'd be so surprised. The duck tour was so much fun! The speaker was so funny. His name was General Lee Lost.

Tomorrow classes start, and I'm pretty much excited. I have my math seminar, then Greek 101, then Psych 101. I have to read part of my Psych book tonight before classes start though.
I have a little anxiety towards the amount of work, but I'm sure I'll figure out a way to handle it.
I'm nervous about my work study. I haven't filled out  my forms yet to work, and I don't want all of the shifts to fill up before I can sign up. That would be terrible.

I'm going to go look for my classes now, and then go have dinner with my orientation group! Last night of orientation! I get to meet the author of the summer reading book and watch some skit /dance thing the orientation leaders are going to put on. Should be interesting.

I think this post my be a little long and somewhat boring at parts, but I haven't written anything since I got here. Justified?

1 comment: